Happy Wednesday! Only one more day, then a long weekend- I can’t wait!
Last night for dinner, I made a new quinoa recipe that my sister shared with me, and it was SO good! She told me that she takes it in her lunch, which I’m definitely doing today. It uses red quinoa, which has a more chewy texture that I like better than regular quinoa. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Red quinoa (I used 1/2 cup since I was making it for just myself as a side dish)
-One mozzarella cheese stick
Here’s what you do:
1. First, prepare the quinoa according to the package directions. As I said, I used 1/2 cup dry quinoa and 1 cup water.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, chop the rest of the ingredients. I sliced the tomatoes in half, finely chopped the basil, and sliced the cheese stick into round pieces.
3. Once the quinoa is finished, transfer it to a large bowl and add the tomatoes, basil, and cheese. Stir until incorporated. The cheese will start to melt, and while it doesn’t need to be completely melted, a little is okay!
4. Add about one tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and stir- but be careful that you don’t add too much- it’s strong!
How easy is that? I know that this isn’t the most exact recipe, but I didn’t really measure while I was making it…oops! Just add the ingredients to your taste! Also isn’t the garnish lovely? I usually forget about taking food pictures for my blog until its too late, but not this time!
That’s all for meow!
For more Sweet Cats!, follow along at: