Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Clicking/making purchases may help support this blog.
Happy Labor Day! I’m so pumped about an extra day off this weekend! My plans are to sleep in, make a delicious breakfast, then do whatever I want, which could be anything from going for a run to taking three naps. Hard to tell, really. Technically, Labor Day marks the end of summer, and you’re not supposed to wear white anymore or whatever. I don’t follow that rule because I love my white jeans and I don’t like to be bossed. And while I won’t be fully transitioning to my fall wardrobe quite yet since its still an upwards of 90 degrees every day in Houston, I still like to have a gameplan!
Also, I’m trying to scale it back with the shopping, especially as we get closer to Christmas, which is the most wonderful & expensive time of the year. Also because I just need to be wiser with how I spend my money. Interpret that how you may. So, I’ve decided that I will only buy five things over the next couple of months. Shocking, I know. I will let you know if this actually works. I actually have a lot of great fall pieces already in my closet, but there are just a few I’d like to add! Here’s my top five this fall:
- Utility Jacket: I have loved these army green utility jackets for years, and I think that now is the time! This one from Old Navy is a lot more affordable than others I’ve seen, so that’s the one I’ll probably get. These pair well with jeans, flannel shirts, or even t-shirt dresses! I think it will be a great versatile piece to add to my closet.
- Chloe Boot: These Chloe duck boots from Jack Rogers are THE CUTEST. I’ve just recently come around on the duck boot trend- at first I thought they looked stupid, and I thought “if it’s raining just wear rainboots”. However, the more I see them, the more I love them for fall! This Jack Rogers version is probably my favorite that I’ve seen, and they’re priced comparably to both Bean Boots and Sperry!
- Blazer: Everyone needs a good blazer, and I’ve finally decided to live up to that saying. I have a slouchy blazer/cardigan that’s made out of t-shirt material, but that’s not going to cut it anymore. This option from JCrew Factory is a classic piece, and will probably last for a long time. Plus, it’s on sale right now for under $80! This would pair well with a paper bag skirt and heels for work, or a plain tee and skinny jeans for after hours.
- Olive Jeans: The past few years I haven’t been too much of a fan of colored jeans, but I think this olive pair may change that! They’re perfect for fall and would go well with a lot of things: a chambray button-down, a white top, and even the blazer I have pictured!
- Booties: I have a pair of flat brown booties, but I’ve been wanting a pair with heels for a while! I love this pair because of the cut-out on the sides. These would go well with skinny jeans, olive jeans, and dresses. Maybe dresses. I tried on my wedge maroon booties with a dress last night and it looked terrible. I digress.
What are your top 5 fall pieces? Let me know!
That’s all for meow!
For more K.Moss Lifestyle, follow along at: