So, I’m sure there are many brownie recipes out there that claim to be the best you’ve ever had. But these are literally the best. Trust me. My mom has been making these for years, she got them from the mother of one of her students in her first years of teaching. I don’t know who that woman is, but BLESS HER. They’re so easy and even more delicious. If I ever need to take a dessert to some sort of function, I make these-they’re easy and everyone loves them! I made them last night to take to work today for my last day before I go back to school.
Here’s what you’ll need!
-2 cups granulated sugar
-1/3 cup cocoa
-1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter (you can use margarine if you prefer!)
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 & 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder.
Here’s what you do:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and cocoa.
2. Next, add the melted butter, stirring until combined. I personally mix everything by hand with this recipe, but if you prefer a hand mixer, go for it!
3. Pour in the vanilla and mix.
4. Mix the eggs in one at a time. The recipe states this must be done by hand, but if you want to use a mixer, please try it and let me know what happens.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
6. Incorporate the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture-you can do this gradually if you like, but I just dump it all in and it turns out just fine!
7. Pour into a 9×13 pan, sprayed with cooking spray, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I usually make icing for this, but I was going to meet my friend Kinsey for ice cream because she’s going back to school tomorrow (tragedy), so I didn’t have time! But you should definitely try them with the icing-it really takes them to the top!
Five minutes before the brownies are finished baking, remove them from the oven and cover the top with mini marshmallows. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted.
-2-2 &1/2 cups powdered sugar
-3 tbsp cocoa
-3 tbsp melted butter
-1 tsp vanilla
-A little milk (there’s not a specific amount on the recipe card, and since I didn’t make it tonight, I have no idea!) The directions say “enough to make creamy”, so channel your inner Pioneer Woman and you should be fine.
Once the brownies have cooled slightly, pour the icing over the top.
That’s all for meow!
ALSO. I’ve been chosen (again!) for the Friday Link Up at Simple Easy Style! Check it out and link up with me!