First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time celebrating with your friends and family! I didn’t do a lot, I just got dressed up and went to dinner with a friend, and then we ended up back at my house watching the Kardashians in our yoga pants and eating queso. And it was really fine with me. As for New Year’s Resolutions, I don’t really do those. I like the concept of having “goals” better than “resolutions” because I feel like it’s more motivating. My goal for 2013 is to make a 4.0 at least one semester, or maybe both. So we’ll see how that works out. Anyways, as of right now 2013 has the potential to be a fantastic year. Lots of exciting things are on my calendar, and I can’t wait! Here are some of the things I’m already looking forward to:
1. Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl– This happens in three short days! I have been missing Aggie football, and I’m glad we have one more game before the fall. BTHO ou.
2. Spring semester starts in less than two weeks- Which means I get to go back to my friends in College Station in a little over a week! I’ve loved being home, but I’m ready to be back in my regular routine and use my planner and drink coffee every morning.
3. The Bachelor premieres January 7th- And I am dying. Sean was my absolute fave on the Bachelorette, because he loves Jesus and is a Texas boy, and I mean, have you SEEN him? omg. I think that if Emily had picked him she wouldn’t be single right now, but whatever. I cannot wait to watch it instead of doing my homework every week.
4. Pretty Little Liars comes back January 8th- And we all know how I feel about that. Obsessed.
5. Emerald Green as Color of the Year. This is just so great. I love jewel tones, and I love green. I will be on a year-long mission for all things this hue, just so you’re aware.
6. Kate Middleton is having the Royal Baby this year. I just love the Royal Family, especially Wills & Kate. Well, mostly just Kate. I mean, she is perfect and she earned the ultimate MRS degree, which is to be admired. I cannot wait for the next heir to the throne to come into the world, because I’m sure it will also be perfect.
7. The Great Gatsby premieres May 10th. I am literally beside myself about this one. It’s one of my favorite books of all time, and I am obsessed. The story of fabulous city life in the 20’s- perfect. Also, Leonardo DiCaprio is absolutely perfect for the role of Jay Gatsby, especially since he’s put on a little weight since his Titanic days (but still, I’ll never let go, Jack!) Sometimes when I get bored I watch the trailer and freak out about this upcoming cinematic masterpiece. Going. To. Die.
8. I will be halfway done with college in May. Eeeeee! I don’t know how I feel about that, I kind of want to stay forever.
9. My cousin is getting married in July! She is the cousin I have been closest to my entire life, and was my first best friend. I am so excited for her! Also, it’s the first wedding I’m actually in, so I’m excited to be a bridesmaid!
10. I’m turning 21 in August! The last exciting birthday. After that, you’re just old.
11. Catching Fire premieres November 22. Katniss Everdeen is my hero and makes me want to learn to do outdoorsy things. I read the entire Hunger Games series this summer, and I loved it, and I’ve been dying for the next movie. Dying.
12. Britney is finally giving us new music. Okay, so this isn’t exactly confirmed (it’s not even rumored), but I can dream, right? I mean, 2012 was a great year for the Princess of Pop. I absolutely loved watching her be sassy on X-Factor, and I think we’re all more than ready for more Britney.
13. Another great year of life. While I’m excited about all of these things, I might be even more excited for the unexpected things that will come throughout the year. That’s what makes life interesting and wonderful, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me in 2013!
Meow until next time!